Spring training on April 9, 2020, summer training on June 18, 2020, and fall conference and vendors’ fair October 6-8, 2020 have all been cancelled due to coronavirus concerns. With so much uncertainty, we will not reschedule. Please see our Upcoming page for future dates. Thank you!
Mark Your 2020 Calendar Now for Upcoming Training Events:
- SPRING TRAINING – April 9, 2020 / Holiday Inn Airport in Roanoke, VA / CANCELLED
- SUMMER TRAINING & PICNIC – June 18, 2020 / Marshall Lodge in Lynchburg, VA / CANCELLED
- FALL GOLF TOURNAMENT – October 6, 2020 / Hanging Rock Golf Club in Salem, VA / CANCELLED
- FALL CONFERENCE AND VENDOR FAIR – October 7-8, 2020 / Holiday Inn Airport in Roanoke, VA / CANCELLED
To register for events online, fill out the online form, and click the SEND button…it’s that easy!
Fall online registration available soon!
**Summer training and picnic cancelled – form removed.
For directions, go to our Upcoming page!
Fall Conference & Vendor Fair – OUR 25th ANNIVERSARY!
We had a great turnout for our 25th Anniversary! There were about 120 people who registered for training PLUS 27 vendors and 18 golf teams! We wish to thank OASIS Commissary for their wonderful contribution for our 25th anniversary! Thank you to our sponsors, too! We couldn’t do this without them! And finally, we also want to thank Katrina Morris / Western Virginia Regional Jail for her design on the back of our 25th anniversary t-shirts. Great job, Katrina!
Our Officers-of-the-Year recipients are:
- Officer of the Year – Mark Smith / Western Virginia Regional Jail
- Supervisor of the Year – Melissa Newcomb / Riverside Regional Jail
- Civilian of the Year – Lisa Ferguson / New River Valley Regional Jail
Our member door prize winners of a $25 gift card:
- Matthew Elder – Blue Ridge Regional Jail Authority / Campbelll
- Carla Arrington – Blue Ridge Regional Jail Authority / Lynchburg
- Aaron McFarlane – Rockbridge Regional Jail
- Tonya Akers – New River Valley Regional Jail
Winner of the SCCY CPX1 9mm pistol from Southern Police Equipment:
- Brian Barker – Blue Ridge Regional Jail Authority / Lynchburg
The Western Region Jail Association wishes to recognize the following:
- Pat Mueller / Blue Ridge Regional Jail Authority – Campbell
- OASIS Commissary / Mike Evancho, Gary Smith, George Keys, Scott Baird, and Paul Yopp
Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to the WRJA!
Women in Corrections Breakfast
Don’t forget about our Women in Corrections breakfast on Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 8 a.m. This will be a time for fellowship and good food. We will also have a speaker who will share her career experiences as a women in today’s world of corrections.
Oh, and hey guys…this one’s just for the ladies!
Registration available September 2020.
2021 Slate of Officers
Our slate of officers was voted in for the 2019-2020 term. Since there were no 2020 meetings to vote in new officers, our current officers have agreed to extend their term one more year.
- President – Debbie Clark / Western Virginia Regional Jail
- Vice President – Vida Parker / Blue Ridge Regional Jail Authority – Lynchburg
- Secretary – Chris Hayes / Western Virginia Regional Jail
- Treasurer – Rob Hesson / Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office
We look forward to continuous training, sharing knowledge, and networking to assist each and everyone one of us in our day-to-day roles in corrections. See our Officers page.
Effective fall 2012, only members can participate in social events, door prizes, and drawings. Membership is ONLY $10 annually. Don’t miss out on all the fun…join today!!
Please note that the fees for attending the fall conferences are in addition to the annual $10 membership fee.
Membership is not required to attend WRJA conference training.
Return to the Top